Thursday, August 18, 2011

Food: Operation Kimbap!!

In anticipation of a camping trip with hungry people, I decided to make a trial batch of kimbap. Turns out C-mart 2 in Chinatown does not completely suck, because it had all of the ingredients I was looking for for under $20!!


30 minutes of rinsing, slicing, snacking, measuring, waiting, frying...and voila! I used imitation crab meat, korean pickled radish, scrambled egg and cucumber for the fillings.


99 cent bamboo rolling mat at C-mart 2 FTW! Rice was mixed with sesame oil, olive oil, and salt. I was gonna add sesame seeds but they seem to have hid themselves away...jerks.


Final product! I managed to make a good 4-5 rolls. These were the rolls that survived my extensive "taste testing" :)


All in all, this is a pretty easy snack to make, and quite filling too with the rice and such. I think it'll make a great road snack and I hope they like it!! Tomorrow mission: Cake pops!

4 comments:

LINDA said...

Wow super yummy!♥
xoxo

Linda from www.moonon.com

Claire said...

That looks so Yummy! ^~^ Hiii~! I found your blog because I saw your YouTube review on the L'egere White Multi BB Cream (I feel kinda sad that I'm watching it now even though you posted it 3 years ago)! I just purchased it on Ebay (literally just then) Haha, I hope it works well for me like it did for you :D

hanako said...

Woops I sent that comment from my personal account >~< This is my blogging account :)

Health and Beauty said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about a broken link on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

Thanks!

Angela
angelabrooks741@gmail.com