Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Food & Fashion: TMA lettuce burgers and retail wins!

After eating an O'Naturals sandwich that had grilled chicken with tomato and mozzarella, I was inspired to create a TMA boca burger! Last night I rocked the lettuce burger, which is a little bizarre in concept, but the taste isn't half bad and has half the calories(or less) of a bun! So I decided to repeat it. It is a bit tricky to eat, as Hubby demonstrated rather humorously, just leaving them on a bed of romaine would also work well.

Tomato, Mozzarella and Avocado Boca Lettuce Burger (yikes, what a mouthful...)
- 1 Boca patty
- Olive Oil
- 1 slice of beefsteak tomato (best tomatoes for burgers and sandwiches)
- Mozzarella cheese
- 3-4 avocado slices
- 1-2 large romaine lettuce leaves (the outermost leaves work well)

Cook the patty however you want, I usually microwave about 1 min to cook it halfway, then put it on the pan, on medium, with some olive oil. Add on the mozzarella cheese and give it a few minutes to melt. Once that's done, put it on the wider side of the lettuce leaf. Put on the slices of tomato and avocado, and fold the other half of the lettuce leaf over it.


Its a pretty healthy and easy meal for dinner, and I find myself pretty satisfied afterwards. Avocado always adds a creamy kick to food, which I love. Keeps me from smothering the burger with mayonnaise and unreasonable amounts of cheese.

On the fashion front, I found these babies at DSW for $59, but I had a DSW Reward for $10, I paid $49. They are the Tahari Veronicas in Buttercup, and they are reminiscent of these classic Chanel flats. I love Tahari, my favorite pair of flats are Gustaves in patent black and grey. Those poor soles(haha excuse the pun) have been so worn down that they are currently at the shoe repair place with the kind old Italian gentleman. The Veronicas do come in different colors like black, blue snake print, etc, but I like the classy beige and black combination.

Another retail win were these amazing Gap cropped pants. They were on sale for $24.99, down from $49.95, and I got an additional 35% off, costing me $16
-something for these great Audrey Hepburn inspired cigarette pants.

Since I'm *ahem* vertically challenged, I decided to
go up one size in petite so that they wouldn't be as cropped, but they feel amazing! They have a healthy amount of stretch and make my butt look fantastic, but still totally work appropriate! After a day they do stretch out a smidge, but its not like saggy butt loose. Now I'm just waiting for the black one to go on sale to complete my Audrey pant collection!

You guys gonna try/buy any of these? Let me know what you think, or how you like them!

1 comment:

3e8b208c-b3b7-11e0-a667-000bcdcb5194 said...

yay blog!! i love your photos wei, they are quite lovely!! i probably won't be trying the fashion tips you shared, seeing as i am not a clothing person and would rather just run around nekid forever, buuut i will definitely try that boca burger thingy, possibly with a black bean burger if i can find one around these here carnivorous parts!!

<3 di